Every Honda model is built with great attention to detail, this includes the Honda key fob battery. While genuine Honda parts are built to last, even the best battery will run down eventually. When this happens, you may want to learn how to disassembly honda key fob battery and replace with a new one.
You can follow our guide below to learn how to disassembly Honda key fob battery. Learn more about the Honda key battery and how to program a Honda key below!
What is the Honda Key Battery Type?
Learning how to change the battery in a Honda key fob may be a lot simpler than you expected. That is because the Honda key battery can be found in many local Laramie stores. A Honda key fob battery replacement can be conducted with a common flat circular 3-volt battery. We certainly recommend working with our parts team to get the correct voltage and size, but you can shop around if you are in a pinch. If you want to learn battery replacement for every type of Honda key fob, read our article here.
Disassembly Honda Key Fob Battery
When you have the right Honda key battery, discovering how to make a Honda key fob battery replacement is simple. First, you must learn how to open your Honda key fob by following these steps:
- Find the button to release the metal key located in the fob. Press that button and remove the key.
- Carefully place the edge of the key into the open slot near the top of the fob. Wedge the key and lightly twist. The back of your key fob should pop off, meaning you’re ready to make the Honda key fob battery swap.
How to Change the Battery in a Honda Key Fob
Once you have your key fob opened up, you will want to show caution to make sure that the entire fob doesn’t fall apart. If you quickly try to pull the battery out, you may send essential components flying. Instead, follow these pro tips to keep your fob secure when you change the battery in your Honda key fob:
- Position your thumb right above where the battery is located and hold down.
- With your other hand, carefully pry the dead battery out and swap in a new one.
- Line up the front and back of the key fob and gently press them together. Once secured, you will hear a snap. Now you know how to change the battery in a Honda key fob like a pro!
How to Program Honda Key
Now that you know how to change the Honda key battery, you will want to learn how to program the Honda key. Once you have conquered learning how to change the battery in a Honda key fob, taking on the programming is a breeze! Learn how to program a Honda key with the following steps:
- Enter your vehicle’s cabin, shut all the doors, and have your key and fobs at the ready.
- Insert the key and set it to the “On” position. Press down and hold on the “LOCK” button for one second.
- Release the button, then turn the key to the “Off” position. Repeat this exact process two more times.
- Turn the key back to “On” and hold the “LOCK” button on the key fob for another second. Wait for the doors to automatically lock and unlock. Once the lock cycle has finished, your vehicle is in remote programming mode.
- Hold the “LOCK” button for another second. After the locks cycle, the key fob has been paired with your vehicle. You can repeat the steps above to add another paired fob.
- Exit remote programming mode by setting the key to the “Off” position in the ignition.