Wondering what to do if your Honda keyless remote battery is low? What kind of battery does a Honda Civic key take? How do I change the battery in my Honda Civic key? Just follow the steps in this guide from us to learn tips for replacing Honda key fob battery. If you run into any problems or find that you need assistance replacing the Honda key fob battery, contact the nearest repairment center, but we’re here to help with any questions you might have when your Honda keyless remote battery is low.
Tips For Replacing Honda Key Fob Battery
Most of the Honda key fobs use a flat circular 3-volt battery, which can be found at just about any hardware store in the Torrington area. You can also stop by the Honda of Watertown Parts Center, where we always keep Honda key fob batteries in stock.
How Do I Change the Battery in My Honda Civic Key?
When your Honda keyless remote battery is low, use the following steps to open the Honda key fob, remove/replace the battery, and finally, put the key fob back together. It’s everything you need to know when your Honda keyless remote battery is low:
- Press and slide the button that releases the metal key, and then slide the key out.
- Use the key or a small flathead screwdriver to pry the key fob open.
- Press your thumb down right above the battery to hold the fob together so the contents and external buttons don’t fall out.
- Remove the dead battery, taking note of the positive and negative sides, in order to install the new battery correctly. Don’t touch the terminals on the new battery. The oils on your skin can cause corrosion, which shortens battery life.
- Insert the new battery in the same position as the old one. Use the positive (+) and negative (-) marks inside the key fob as a guide.
- Align the two halves of the key fob and gently apply pressure until they snap back together.
Note: If your Honda key fob has a screw that holds the two halves together instead of a button, use a small flathead screwdriver to remove the screw, and then follow the steps above to replace the battery.
What Should I Do If my Honda Key Fob Falls Apart?
If the internal pieces of your key fob fall out, use your spare key as a guide on how to reassemble it.
- Place the buttons into the correct slots.
- Insert the crossbar between the empty spaces of the top two buttons, with the crossbar’s curvature facing outwards.
- Insert the battery back into the motherboard with the positive sign facing out.
- Put the motherboard back into the key fob with the rubber film up against the buttons.
- Line up the back of the key fob with the front, and press them together until you hear them snap into place.
- Stand next to your vehicle and press all the buttons to make sure that they are working properly.
If you have any problems putting your Honda key fob back together, pay a visit to our dealership in Watertown, and our parts professionals will assist you.
All of the processes are easy to do! Don’t forget to read all of the tips before doing. If you follow these steps, you’ll successfully change your Honda key fob battery. If you also want to learn how to change every type of Honda key fob battery, read our article here.